Now more than ever do our young men need football. When 11 athletes are in the huddle the only thing that matters is working together to score a touchdown or stop the other team no matter what background their teammates come from. The only color that matters is the jersey color of our uniform. The value of football in our society teaches us so many life lessons. We can all help in the battle of the hearts and minds of our student athletes. Let's make sure we all come together as one Ranger Nation for a great 2016!
Only 8 summer workouts left to prepare for the 2016 season! Commit to the process of being champions! Win the Day! This will set the tone for our season! RELOAD!
Athlete Schedule (Commit to the next 3 weeks!)
- Wake up
- Eat Breakfast, Hydrate
- PC workout w/ team
- Extra skill work w/ position group
- Hydrate, Nutrition
- Recover / Nap
- Chores - Help your family around the house
- Read for 30 minutes, Watch HUDL 30 minutes
- Bedtime Snack
- Lights out
- Saturday July 30th 10am LSHS Cafeteria – Be here for this important meeting!
- JULY 25TH-27th 3RD-7TH GRADE FB CAMP; Varsity/JV Equip. Pickup
- AUGUST 1ST-3RD 8th/9TH GRADE FB CAMP; 9th Equip. Pickup
- Monday August 8th First day of fall camp! – Times/Schedule (click here)
- Friday August 19th Scrimmage at Mansfield Lake Ridge Times (click here 9th/JV 6pm; Varsity 7pm at Newsome Stadium in Mansfield)
- Saturday August 13th Picture day Times (10am) Senior Parents be here for Senior Player/Parent picture)
- AUGUST 22TH- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- AUGUST 27TH- GAME #1 vs. Heritage (Ford Center)
- MONDAY SEPTEMBER 5th – NO SCHOOL MANDATORY MORNING PRACTICE
- FRIDAY OCTOBER 7TH- NO SCHOOL- GAME DAY
- MONDAY OCTOBER 10TH – NO SCHOOL MANDATORY MORNING PRACTICE
- NOVEMBER 23-25- THANKSGIVING WEEK- PLAYOFF TURKEY PRACTICE!
Reminder: For all spirit ads players must be in grooming/shaving standards or the picture will not be allowed in the program.
Contact Victor Diaz: 972-979-0305; firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL PARENT / PLAYER MEETING (Mandatory)
Saturday July 30th 10am LSHS Cafeteria – Be here for this important meeting!
Info is to the right on the website. Last chance to order from team store. Open until Thursday!
Lone Star Football Camps
- July 25th-27th Incoming 3rd-7th Graders at Lone Star 8am-10am
- August 1st-3rd Incoming 8th-9th Graders at Lone Star 8am-10am
Get online and order your tickets for our first game August 27th ASAP! Tickets are going fast and they are expecting a sell out crowd!
Please click here and read the attachment.
5 Life Skills that we learn in football that will affect their lives:
2. PHYSICAL CONDITIONING
3. RELATING TO PEERS
4. RELATING TO AUTHORITY
5. REACTING TO AND HANDLING EMOTION
Read the article on the "FIVE LIFE SKILLS"
Please continue to re-iterate these with your son! The more we grow in these 5 Life Skills the more successful our athletes will become on and off the field.
Thank you for your continued support of the program! Please check out the booster club website at www.lonestarfootballnation.com for updates.
Follow me on twitter: @CoachJRayburn
Athletic Coordinator / Head Football Coach